Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday News: Seventh Edition

Brings the dawning . . .
Hello Dear Friends and Gentle Readers!

I don't have a whole lot of news this week, but I do have a few small items.

I received another rejection letter this week from one of the places I submitted for publication. That means that I only have one piece left out that is being looked at. Once I hear back about that I will start submitting again. I feel like this might not be the most effective way of going about the thing, but it's the best way for me to do it and to keep my sanity at this juncture, so this is what I'm doing.

I am now working on putting together a chapbook of poetry for a contest. This is really hard, but I would like to get published and I think I have written some decent poetry over the years so I feel like I could maybe win. If I don't, I still have a chapbook that I could look at publishing somehow, right?

I am in the process of reading a book by my friend Phyllis Williams so that I can write a blurb for the back. I can't seem to find a link to the book online right now, but as soon as I can, I will post a link on here. I am really enjoying the book and I would love to own a hard copy. It's the sort of thing that you want to write it, you know?

I started my NaNaWriMo novel this morning. It took me 2.5 hours to write my 1668 words. Why? I don't know. I never takes me that long. I hope this means that I am thinking more about where the story is going and that maybe I will actually finish this time. That would be awesome as I've never finished before. I was going to post my daily words for the whole month, but I'm thinking that I'll post M-W-F. We'll see.

That's about it for now. I am still looking at MFA stuff and I need to work on revision stuff, but at least I feel good about NaNoWriMo today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment