Thursday, November 12, 2015

#ThrowBackThursday: Following Whirlwind Heat

Until fairly recently, this was one of the only things that I'd ever had published and sadly I don't have a copy of it. If anyone has a copy of the White Stripes Poetry Project or knows how or where to get one, I would love to have one. 

Following Whirlwind Heat

Standing in the dark
Watching old cartoons
Barely enough room to even move
Then the lights go up then down
And all is perfect black
He walks onto the stage
Guitar slung across his back

She walks out soon after
Drumsticks in her hand
Like a pixie so gracefully
She lights behind the stand

1 2 3 4
We’re moving on the floor
His guitar is wailing
Her drumsticks are flailing
I think my ears are bleeding
I know my heart is beating
In the mic his voice is moaning
I start to feel my brain zoning

Out of reality
Into the moment
Into the world
Created by a guitar string
When he started to sing

I am made of nothing now

Save feedback and vibrations

No comments:

Post a Comment