Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday News: Fifth Edition

Brings the dawning . . .
Hey there Dear Friends and Gentle Readers! Hello to all the new faces and the old ones alike. I hope you are well on this brisk Sunday Morning. I am here and that's an accomplishment in and of itself. This has been a long week for me.

I did not Tweet this week and yet I saw the same level of adds that I saw when I was tweeting, so I don't know what to think of that other than what I'd previously surmised: Twitter is a nothing but a lot of lone voices screaming into a void. I will resume with my attempts at Twitter this week in order to see if I can actually get some engagement, but I've yet to become a believer.

I also didn't do much with my Facebook page this week. This professional Facebooking thing kills me. I feel like I am pretty good at Facebook on a personal level. I engage. I talk to people. And I enjoy it! But when it comes to getting people excited about my business and the services I can provide? I haven't cracked the code yet. This week, it's back to the drawing board.

Sadly, I received a rejection letter from on of the publications I submitted to on Wednesday. This doesn't really surprise me as the piece was fiction, but I did feel that it was strong enough to have been published. I guess they didn't feel the same. I still have 3 pieces out though, so I have hope that something will be accepted somewhere. Either way, I hope to start submitting again soon.

On a positive note, I bought my domain name this week, so you are now reading this blog post on www.joyceannunderwood.com! How's that for some legitimacy? Soon the revamped site will be live and we'll really be cookin' with Crisco. Speaking of legitimacy, my big reading is next Saturday. I am really excited and a little nervous. Over the course of the next week I will be sharing my piece on here in its entirety. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment