Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday News: Third Edition

Hey there Dear Friends and Gentle Readers! What's new with me?

Well, I'm back from my hiatus and working on some cool things that you'll be seeing around here soon enough. I lucked into a sweet deal with a graphic designer and as soon as my revamped website is live I'll be sharing her contact information. I'm so excited! My site's going to look so professional!

Speaking of professional, I have been working with Schan Ellis on how to get my editing business off the ground. Social media is the key, but it seems that Facebook doesn't want to cooperate right now. For reasons hitherto unknown, I can't invite anyone to like my page. This sucks, but I hope that the issue will be sorted out by this time next week. Incidentally, if you are reading this and you haven't liked Joyce Ann Underwood: Write Like a Rock Star yet, you should. It would be a big help and I would really appreciate it!

As I wait for Facebook to cooperate, I am getting more active on Twitter. Today you will find me posting all about Anne Rice, since it's her birthday. She's 74 and still as awesome as ever. She was the first author who made me think that writing could be a career. She's one of my heroes and ever inspirational. I just love her and her work.

I like her approach to writing. Reminds me of me.

 If you happen to see any of my tweets, be sure to say hi! Who knows - Anne might respond back. She is very active on social media, after all.

I haven't had anything else published yet, but I have begun to prepare myself to read at the Southern Writers Symposium. I bought my ticket last week and I have started practicing my reading. I have to say I'm pretty nervous about the thing, but that's a good thing. I'm also really excited about it!

Well, that's about all the news I have for today. What's new with you? Writing anything? Reading anything interesting? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment