Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday News: Fourth Edition

Brings the dawning . . .

Hello there Dear Friends and Gentle Readers! How are all you fine people out there in interwebs land? I hope you are well and I'm sure that there are a lot of new smiling faces as I've got a lot of new followers on Twitter this week. That is the first news item, so let's jump right in, shall we?

Twitter. I'm not a fan. It is not at all intuitive. It is a mysterious creature that I can't even begin to understand. But I unlocked part of the code this week and doubled my following. #amwriting is the Golden Ticket it would seem, so I am sticking that hashtag on everything I post from now until eternity. Unless of course it's not about writing. That wouldn't be right, now would it?

The work on my website is going well. I saw the first bit of concept art and it's going to look very different from how it looks now, but it's going to look so much more professional. I must admit, I'm going to miss my garish pink and black color scheme, but I have to keep telling myself that change is good and to embrace it. The designer, Jacklyn, is doing an excellent job.

Oh! And if you don't already know, I figured out how to invite people to like my page over on Facebook! I doubled my likes in less than 24 hours! This is great! The problem is that once this happened, the likes slowed to a halt and no one is following through to my actual website. I am still working on revamping my Facebook and website, so I guess this isn't so bad at the moment, but I'd still like to see more smiling faces around here. I'd like some engagement with my posts. It starts to feel like I'm doing all this work for no reason. I can't feel like that though. I have to feel like I'm doing the work for the sake of doing the work.

Still no new publications to report, but I will have a new post up on SchanEllis.com tomorrow, so I hope you will check that out.

Writing lately has been really hard. Things have been very up in the air. My husband is in a transitional period with his job and as such he's off work indefinitely. That puts him at home, in my work space, all the time. It's stressing me out. I didn't realize it was stressing me out until Friday when I had a mini break down and started sobbing over the fact that the members of Duran Duran will someday die and I will probably not be able to attend their funerals. Nevermind the funerals. The members of Duran Duran will someday die was enough to set me to blubbering.

This is a very irrational thing to cry about, but since I attended the Hank Hill School of Emotional Management, I tend to suppress things until something unexpected sets me off. I cried it out and told my husband how I was feeling and hopefully the situation is resolved. Furthermore, I like to think that the boys have another good 20 years in them, at least. They aren't shuffling off this mortal coil any time soon.

They're way too young and beautiful yet. I am just a anxiety ridden worry wort.

No comments:

Post a Comment