Thursday, October 15, 2015

#ThrowBackThursday: Candace Gingrich

The summer before my senior year I spent two weeks in Washington D.C. with the NYLC where I got to schmooze with all sorts of big movers and shakers in the political world. Being a budding gay rights activist, the person I wanted to meet most was Candace Gingrich, who was then the head of the Human Rights Campaign. I was lucky enough to do so and later that day to write this very bad poem about the experience. Enjoy!

This photo was definitely in my senior yearbook.

7-15-03

Candace Gingrich 

I met a goddess today 
You would never know her
If you saw her on the street
But it was my fortune to meet
A goddess today.

She did not radiate light
She radiated strength 
She radiated power
I saw my dream of an hour;
A goddess today.

No comments:

Post a Comment