Friday, September 11, 2015

Fan Girl Friday: Week in Review

This week  for Fan Girl Friday, I am going to share with you all the best parts of my week.

The sexiness.

On Monday, I finished watching Season 3 of Hannibal. It was perfectly well written and gorgeously shot. If you haven't been watching Hannibal then I just don't know what you've been doing with your life. You need to get right and start watching. It's transcendent I tell you. What's more, you can feel all sorts of literary because it's based on a book series. Although if we're being honest Hannibal diverges from the source material pretty quickly.

Contains an amusing anecdote about poison ivy. Highly recommend.

On Tuesday, I continued reading Stephen King's On Writing. I love Stephen King and I really must read more of his work. Dolores Claiborne is the only one of his novels I've read, but I've read several of his short stories. He's such a good writer. I would love to have both his talent and his success. The most important thing I've learned from On Writing thus far is the more you write and the more you submit, the better chance you have of finding success. This goes back to what Charlotte says: "She who succeeds is she who submits."

In short, I wish my boobs looked like hers. Covered in stars.

On Wednesday, I found Beyond Your Blog, a site that helps bloggers get published in places other than their own blogs. This place is a wealth of resources. Now I'm writing an essay about my boobs and working on coming up with an empowering short story for adolescent girls. Meanwhile, I'm also working on revising some of my older writing for submission. I'm super thrilled about having a reason to start some new projects though. Thanks, Beyond Your Blog!

They kinda match even. (I'm reaching.)

On Thursday, I had a really good day. I received both my Jams and my Duran Duran Paper Gods pre-order. Why are the Jams important? Because they have stars on them, and we are all striving to Write Like a Rock Star! :-) As for the Duran Duran, I am so thrilled to finally have it in my hot little hands. Simon Lebon is such a good lyricist. Rest assured, there will be many Fan Girl Fridays in the coming months that will taut this fact. For now, I will just say that the title track is my favorite song on the album and you should listen to it.

Stoked.

Today, I am going to enjoy my nails, listen to my new album, and get ready for a full weekend. Tomorrow is the Walk to End Alzheimer's and the Fayetteville Greek Festival. Exciting stuff. So today, I need to finish my essay on boobs so I can start revising on Monday. I'm probably also going to get a haircut. It's time.

What are you a fan of this week? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment