Thursday, September 10, 2015

#ThrowBackThursday - The Lassie Reckons Herself a Poet!

It's #ThrowBackThursday! Today we have a photo and a poem from around 2004/2005. The picture is fun, but the poem is just bad. Amazing how much one can improve one's poetry over the course of a decade. That said, my poetry still isn't very good. 

Prune Juice. Yum.

Retirement

Came to life this morning and I thought I'd die
I shoulda just stayed in bed
I never shoulda gone outside
This ordinary life is such a drag

Ordinary people 
Ordinary job
Ordinary food
Ordinary dog (have you seen her? Simple might be more like it!)

But I'm looking forward to the ordinary world
If I keep on keepin on
One day I'll make it there
All sunsets and palm trees
The wind in my hair 
The sand at my feet
In my hand a fruity drink

Pink flamingos everywhere
A lounge chair and Jimmy Buffett
One more drink and I won't care
One day I'll live in peace 
I'll retire to the sun
From an ordinary life
To an ordinary world
A beach full of the ones who made it
A God, I know I'm one.

And as I make my way
I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment