Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday News - First Edition

Charlotte is a wise woman.

I found out yesterday that an excerpt from one of my nonfiction essays has been selected to be read at the Southern Writers Symposium. I'm kind of excited about this. (I'm not excited about the $45 I have to shell out for the privilege though.) I am still waiting to hear about possible publication of the entire piece. Fingers crossed! In the meantime, I am revising and submitting several other pieces because what Charlotte said is the gospel truth.

In other news, I started reading Stephen King's On Writing yesterday. So far I am really enjoying it. I hope to write a review of it for Goodreads in the near future. This review will, of course, be promoted and cross posted here. 

As for fun, I spent a few hours last night catching up on the last few episodes of Hannibal. It was so good. I am terribly disappointed that when I reach the end of the season I will have reached the end of the series as well. The man playing Francis Dolarhyde is perfect, and of course all the regulars are as well. What a sad thing that the series was cancelled. This is what happens when you try to sell art to the mainstream, I guess. Hopefully the show will eventually find a new home and continue on. I need Mads Mikkelson in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment